This is to keep family and friends scattered around the world updated on the life of Rox and (soon to be met) baby. Photos, stories, thoughts, and more!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Country Girl





Howdy! Hey everyone! Sorry it has been so long! Last weekend was the county fair in Kalispell. Sophie LOVED the animals and the excitement of the fair. Thanks again to Kimberly, Gae, and Danny who gave me the baby backpack, it makes days like that so much easier! Sophie got her first balloon, got to pet llamas and horses, and everyone thought she was the cutest baby at the fair! My parents and I worked hard to enter some projects for judging. My dad entered 16 photos for the photo exhibition. First place is a blue ribbon, 2nd place is a red, and 3rd place is white. Purple ribbons are Very special, they are the best in show. Dad got 4 blue ribbons, 8 red ribbons, and some whites for his photos. Mom got a blue ribbon on her lemon pie, and reds on rolls and a dress she made for Sophie. I got 3rd place for my scones, and blue ribbon for my coconut cream pie. The coconut cream pie was aslo chosen for the purple judges choice ribbon! Hooray! One woman told me that was her life's goal, to get a purple ribbon...I'd love to be humble about it, but I can't, that was a GREAT pie!

2 Comments:

Blogger Krista said...

awww...Sophie is so cute! I love seeing pics of her. Bobby & Laura just had their baby so I'm a proud aunt now! Congrats on the ribbons at the fair. My mouth is watering thinking about the coconut cream pie.

2:25 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

man, I miss your parties Rox. I love the cakes and cookies you used to bake. There's no doubt about it, you're a great baker!
Alina
ps. am back home now :)

8:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home