Last week in pictures



Sophie and I have been in Montana for just over a week now. We are unpacked, finally over jet lag, and trying to settle into Montana life. I need to take some photos of the local scenery, it is really beautiful here. Sophie and I have started excercising in the beautiful weather we have had recently. One of the girls from church, who has become my "senpai" in Montana (like a mentor), and I have decided to start excercising together, along with our 4 children (collective). It's great to have a friend that I can be active with! We went hiking last Thursday. I used to think I was strong to walk everywhere with a baby in the front pack, but she pushed 2 children at a time UPHILL in an all-terrain stroller. Well done Melissa!
Aside from taking walks in the beautiful sunny weather we had last week, my other favorite thing has been going to the store! During my time of re-Americanization and de-Japanization, I am in constant awe of everything in the supermarket. You wouldn't believe the size of things! I love to wander through the bakery and see how HUGE the cakes are (compared to Japan). I love cake, but I can feel myself gain weight just looking at them. While in Portland, Tabs and I bought the cutest chocolate cake for dinner with her parents. It fed 5 people generous slices, but was called a PETITE cake! The steaks are as big as Sophie. Don't even get me started about how small I feel when we go to Costco. We live a 5 minute drive from Costco now...so close to those amazing cheesecakes...

7 Comments:
Rox - I'm glad you made it back to Montana safely. I'm so jealous of everybody in Portland that got to see you but I'm glad you had a chance to visit with them. Sophie is beautiful and I hope that I am able to see the two of you sometime.
2:48 PM
Thanks for the updates and for uploading the photos. You guys look good. I was surprised to see how big the steak was! I had to recall how big Sophia was and then imagine the size of the steaks.
10:47 PM
I just had dinner tonight with Angela, Giovanna and Shun. It was a lot of fun, but felt weird without you there. We were talking about your blog and how we were all waiting to see pictures. Thank you!!! Also I had lunch with the Rossers on Friday. Still waiting to hear about their baby. You guys do look great. Glad you can exercise and hang out with your friend from church.
Love you guys!
12:25 AM
I was so impatient to see more pictures of you both!! Thanks.
You and Sophie are looking great and we are happy that you finally settled back home. Enjoy Montana but don't forget about us.
My belly is getting bigger and the baby is moving. Shun is very excited and he talks to the baby all the time...through my stomac!!
Love you both,
Gio&Shun&Baby
9:58 AM
I love love love the pictures you post! Sophie is adorable, of course, and you look so beautiful Rox!!! And the other little girl in the picture-- did you teach her to make that face? ;)
Love you so much sweetie! Hope you're enjoying Montana!!! Kisses for Sophie and her stunning mommy!
6:00 AM
WOW!!! I cant believe hoe much she has grown, it looks like she is holding her head up all by herself. Way to go Sophie!! You both look great and I miss you everyday. I know what you mean about the grocery store, it take sme forever just to get a loaf of bread because I stop to check everything out. I should be moving to Waterloo by Thursday or Friday so I will try to call you in the next week or so. Love and miss you both XOXO Marcy. P.S. If anyone in Japan reads this I miss you too!
1:13 PM
Just got to use a computer to file my fafsa, thought I'd check you out. I'll send you something soon!
Love, Nae
8:37 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home