This is to keep family and friends scattered around the world updated on the life of Rox and (soon to be met) baby. Photos, stories, thoughts, and more!

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!!!





I had a pretty good birthday, it was my first one to have at home in 10 years! My day started out wonderfully with a call from Ai-chan and Jacob in Australia! How cool is that! Great to finally hear their voices again. After breakfast I took a long bike ride. It was such a sunny and crisp spring morning, perfect. I haven't ridden a bike for quite a few months though, so I was a little wobbly at first. I'll tell you one thing though, riding on paved bike paths here is soooo much safer than riding to Yamaya on Rt. 6, or text messaging while biking to Joyo Ginko, or holding an umbrella with one hand and the handlebars with the other...so lacked some of the near-death excitement of riding in Japan. For lunch, Sophie and I went to the park for a picnic with friends and some serious playground time. I received birthday packages from Judith, Kinuko, and the Tobita family...I felt so loved! In the evening I got all snazzed up for a night out on the town with the girlfriends. Went to an Italian restaurant in Whitefish (yum!), and was suprised with a decadent chocolate cake from some gals who made me feel really special. We talked, and laughed, and stayed out until...are you ready for this...10:48pm. That is one of the latest nights I've been out since Sophie came along! It was an awesome birthday and I have great friends here. Rich and Ai-chan, I miss sharing my birthday celebrations with you though! Happy birthday to all the awesome april babies, Laura, Giovanna, baby Madelena, Catera, my mom, sister Juanita, Richy and Ai-chan!!!

Can you tell from the above photo why I don't wear earrings anymore?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roxanna, you look really good! I tried to find pictures of my new hair, but there weren't any good pictures and now it's grown out a little and the color's not as exciting. However, I really like your new hair!

10:55 AM

 
Blogger Judith said...

Happy Birthday Roxanna!
Honestly, I am a horrible friend and had forgotten about your birthday ={ Glad that my package had good timing anyway.
I got your picture and letter today. Thank you! I posted the two of you on the bulletin board between the kitchen and living room that has been there forever but is never used.
Miss you guys!

1:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home